LanguageTool Plus is a proofreading software. It works by sending the text to be checked to our servers over an encrypted connection. This policy describes what kind of data we store.
The processing of personal data on this website is carried out in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act, Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG 2018).
Have you given us permission to use your data, e.g. by subscribing to the newsletter? You can revoke this permission at any time as described below.
- We don't store the text that you submit for style and grammar checking on languagetoolplus.com, with the following exceptions:
- If you explicitly submit feedback, for example about false alarms or undetected errors, we store that feedback.
- In case of an internal software error, we log the sentence that caused the error so we can reproduce and fix the error.
- To improve our proofreading service, we keep a log of the following information:
- date and time, length of submitted text, text language, processing time on server, number of detected errors, type of detected errors (e.g. "uppercase sentence start" or "confusion of 'piece' and 'peace'"),
- the page on which you submitted the request (usually languagetoolplus.com),
- Login: You need to sign up at this site in order to use features like the personal dictionary. When signing up, your username name email are stored in our database. If you want to modify this information or delete your account, please contact us.
- In our web server log files, your IP address is stored in an abbreviated form (like 192.168.xxx.xxx) so it cannot be used to identify you. Error messages like for exceeding the query limit are stored with the full IP for up to 48 hours so we can prevent abuse.
For accesses from web browsers and browser add-ons, this website uses Piwik for web analytics. We're shortening your IP address (to a form like 192.168.xxx.xxx) to protect your privacy. If you don't want your visit to be recorded at all by Piwik, you can opt out here:
- You have the right, upon request and free of charge, to receive information about your personal data we store.
- If you believe that the processing of your personal data is unlawful, you have the right to complain to a regulatory agency.