- Spelling, grammar and style checking — directly in the browser
- Supports English, Spanish, French, German and many other languages (see below)
- Detects the language automatically after a few characters are typed
- Correct errors quickly and easily with a single click
- Runs automatically on all websites and with almost all web-based applications; can be turned off on any website
- Personal or company dictionary for words that LanguageTool does not know yet
- Individual rules can be deactivated if desired
- Company-wide writing rules, e.g. to avoid outdated product names in customer communication
- Supports different language variations (e.g. British English vs. American English)
- Works with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge (from version 83)
- Integration for Google Docs and Microsoft Word (Word 2016 or later, Windows + Mac + Online)
All detected errors come with a short explanation.
Double-click a word for synonyms.
Our enterprise version is already used by more than 100 companies and organizations to improve their internal and external communication. This is just a small selection:
- IP Australia
- Spiegel Magazine
- Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (SRF)
- Bertelsmann Stiftung
If you have more than 100 users, LanguageTool is also available as an on-premise version. Our cloud-based version is fully GDPR-compliant.
Licensing Model and Support
Our annual license fees are based on your number of users. You will regularly receive new versions with enhanced error detection and an updated dictionary. If you use the cloud, the latest version is made available to you automatically.
You can reach our support team on weekdays between 9am and 5pm CET via e-mail.
Fully supported (spelling, grammar, style hints):
English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch
Partially supported (spelling and some grammar checks):
Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, Greek, Irish, Italian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Ukrainian
Contact us for a free trial.LanguageTooler GmbH
14482 Potsdam (Germany)